Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses Reviews
Ray-Ban Aviator Glasses Overview
So classic they hurt — what more is there to be said about Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses? An instant classic since they were manufactured for US pilots way back in 1939, Aviators have not only stood the test of time, they have monopolised the top spot in sunglasses design despite the vagaries of the fashion world down the decades.
Much emulated by other manufacturers, the original Aviator style has been going strong and shows little sign of faltering. The thin metal frame and inverted teardrop lenses have become a de-facto standard of metal-frame sunglasses design.
Aviators do need some care in use, however. The light frames can bend or break, and hair can get caught in the nose pads if the sunglasses are pushed back to perch on the top of the head.
With upwards of 40 variations to choose from Ray-Ban has something for everyone with scores of frame and lens colour options. Latest to hit trend are large flash mirror lenses in the biggest of the three available sizes. Some are concerned that Aviators can overwhelm the 'small face' but the smaller size lens looks OK and there are few people that don't look great in Aviators. It's a style that suits just about everybody.
Ray-Ban Aviator Product Details
- Lightweight full-rim hypoallergenic metal frames
- Acetate nose pads and ear socks
- Glass or polycarbonate lenses
- UV 400 filter for 100% UV protection
- Scratch resistant lenses
- G-15® neutral lenses transmit all colours equally
- Arista and Black G-15 lenses are polarised for optimum visual clarity
- Brown lenses improve depth perception and contrast
- Lens base curve 6
- Genuine Ray-Ban logo and pouch
- Made in Italy