Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Glasses Reviews
Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Glasses Overview
Oakley Flak 2.0 XL sunglasses are aimed primarily at the cyclist, but they come in handy for other sports and outdoor pursuits too. These Flak 2.0 glasses are ultra-lightweight and suitable not only for cyclists but other sports too including running, climbing and golf.
The XL model has a standard size frame with good lens coverage and the patented High Definition Optics that optimises vision over 100% of the lens to ensure clarity from any angle.
Oakley Flaks have two lenses, rather than the one-piece lens found on other cycling sunglasses like the Oakley Jawbreaker, and although the lenses are relatively small, a feature that may not appeal to everyone, experienced users report good eye coverage and visibility, particularly in changing light conditions.
The curvature of 8.75 base extends the peripheral view and gives side protection against sun, wind and impact while the semi-rimless frame ensures no disruption of the field for downward vision.
Customers who opt for Prizm technology can enjoy lenses that tailored for sport-specific environments. Prizm lenses emphasise colours where the eye is most sensitive to detail, enhancing both performance and safety.
The thick bowed temples suggest a heavy fit but the Flak frame is both light and comfortable. Sports enthusiasts hate sunglasses that slip and Flaks make most of the Oakley three-point fit, the rubber-like arms and nose pads that increase grip with perspiration.
Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Product Details
- Lightweight, semi-rimless design for good downward vision
- 100% protection from UVA, UVB, UVC light up to 400 nm with Plutonite® lenses
- HDPolarised® technology blocks 99% of glare
- High Definition Optics® (HDO) for accurate vision in entire field of view
- 8.75 base lens curvature optimises peripheral vision and side protection
- Optical clarity exceeds ANSI Z87.1 standards
- XYZ Optics® extends clarity to lens edge
- Iridium® lens coating for glare reduction and tuned light transmission
- Prizm™ lens technology offers improved colour vision outdoors.
- Hydrophobic lens coating repels water, oils and dust
- Lightweight, durable frame of stress-resistant O-Matter® synthetic
- Ear stems and nose pads create Three-Point Fit to keep glasses in-place
- Unobtainium® on nose pads and ear stems increases grip with sweat
- Meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards for high-velocity impact protection
- Made in the USA