Oakley Radar EV Sunglasses Reviews
Oakley Radar EV Glasses Overview
Oakley Radar glasses have led the pack for years as the eyewear of choice for the modern sports cyclist. The Radar EV (for 'Expanded View') was Launched alongside the innovative, and more expensive, Jawbreaker. It shares some key features of the Jawbreaker such as raised lens and air vents.
Durable and lightweight for a snug fit, the half-rim Radar EV frame has a single lens and curved arms encased in Oakley's patented non-slip Unobtanium ear socks.
Unlike Jawbreakers, the new Radar EV doesn't have adjustable arms so the fitting with bike helmets is a bit hit and miss but for most cycle riders, road or trail, don't find this a problem.
The lens is higher than the original radar so top peripheral vision is much improved while the half-rim design ensures the lower vision is clear. Oakley Radar EVs were launched at the same time as Prizm Lenses, designed to improve visibility in defined sports conditions such as Road and Trail.
A bunch of Oakley patented technologies ensures perfect vision in almost all scenarios. Impact-resistant Plutonite protects against harmful UV rays while High Definition Optics stops light bending before it reaches the eyes and XYZ Optics keeps images undistorted across the whole lens.
Like its parent Radar classic, Radar EV frames are crafted from super-lightweight O-Matter which combines strength with flexibility and ensures all-day comfort in any conditions.
Oakley Radar EV Product Details
- Half-rim frame of lightweight O-Matter material
- Three-point fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Integrated frame vents to channel airflow
- Adjustable nose pads
- Unobtainium ear socks and nose bombs increase grip with perspiration
- Impact protection that meets or exceeds ANSI Z87.1 standards.
- Oakley logo arm accents
- Single lens for high and low visual fields
- Plutonite filters out 100% of harmful UV light
- Iridium lens coating for glare reduction and tuned light transmission.
- Optimised peripheral view and side coverage of Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry
- Clarity from all angles with patented XYZ Optics
- Optional Prizm lens for sport-specific environments
- Two-year warranty against faulty materials or workmanship
- Made in the USA