Oakley Jawbreaker Sunglasses Reviews
Oakley Jawbreaker Glasses Overview
Designed in collaboration with world-class cyclist Mark Cavendish the Oakley Jawbreaker is one of the most distinctive eyewear products for sports enthusiasts. These sunglasses come in a myriad range of colour schemes and lens options.
The wide, half-rim one-piece lens offers an uninhibited view and a patented 'Switchlock' mechanism allows the rider to switch lenses very easily and securely. Oakley claims that the huge lens covers 44% more visible area that ordinary sunglasses.
Iridium lens coating keeps vision clear through rain, sweat and grime while Oakley's Prizm lenses fine-tune vision specifically to the environment, emphasising colour detail where it counts. The hinge mechanism splits the glasses apart at the nosepiece which can be unnerving at first but you soon get used to it. UV protection is provided by the Plutonite lens material that filters out 100% of UV and harmful light rays up to 400 nm and the frame also incorporates an impact-resistant shield.
Multiple vents are built into the frame to improve ventilation and avoid help fogging. Another innovation is adjustable arms length to keep glasses tight for any type of head shape, bike helmet or helmet strap.
The ultra-modern look and massive lens of the Jawbreaker is not to all tastes but Oakley has produced cycling glasses that set new standards in sporting eyewear. Two years of development and 9,600 hours of testing have paid off.
Oakley Jawbreaker Product Details
- Frame of lightweight, stress-resistant O-Matter material
- Three-point fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Integrated frame vents to channel airflow
- Unobtainium ear socks and nose bombs increase grip with perspiration
- Adjustable temple lengths for comfort and helmet compatibility.
- Impact protection that meets or exceeds ANSI Z87.1 standards.
- Metal icon Oakley logo accents
- UV protection with Plutonite filters out 100% of UV light
- Iridium lens coating for glare reduction and tuned light transmission.
- Optimised peripheral view and side coverage of Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry
- Clarity from all angles with patented XYZ Optics
- Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault for an extra lens
- Switchlock interchangeable lens technology
- Two-year warranty against faulty materials or workmanship